Join us for Department of Energy’s Bi-Annual Plug Loads Tech Team Call 9/13: Rapid-Fire Market Updates
Whether you’re at a school, restaurant, office, retail store, or a utility – there’s a plug load efficiency strategy applicable to your sector. What’s a plug load? Plug loads are the energy used by any sort of equipment that plugs into an outlet.
The Department of Energy’s Better Buildings Alliance’s Plug and Process Load (PPL) Technical Team, which Waypoint’s Marta Schantz and Sormeh Konjkav proudly support, hosts a call twice a year to discuss current PPL efforts in the market. The next call is on September 13th and is “rapid-fire” style – meaning speakers are going straight into the juicy details. Representatives from various sectors will provide quick, 5-minute updates regarding the PPL efficiency strategies in their market.
As a sneak peak, the call will include updates from…
- – National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), regarding new and emerging PPL technologies and technology demonstration projects
- – General Services Administration (GSA), about the importance of sub-metering and PPL technologies with an overview of a pilot project
- – Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships (NEEP), on commercial business models for efficiency and PPLs
- – Waypoint, with an overview on the state of utilities, their savings requirements, and cost effective ways to get customers to save on energy related to PPLs
- – American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy (ACEEE), discussing PPL specifics from their new Utility Scorecard
- – D+R International, on plug load engagement programs with utilities such as the advanced power strip pilot with SMUD
There will be enough time left for discussion at the end, and we encourage you to ask the speakers questions that relate to your own commercial buildings and plug load efficiency opportunities. Register here for the call on September 13th from 2-3pm ET (11am-12pm PT) and come ready to learn and talk about plug loads.